ICCASA Agriculture Projects
- Identifying ways to incorporate gender dimensions into local, national and regional agriculture and climate change policies and programs
- Promoting a network of gender, agriculture and climate change practitioners
- Establishing and managing regional Multistakeholder Platforms (MSP) on for practitioners of gender, climate smart agriculture and climate change. The MSP will produce an online/electronic newsletter to share information on lessons learned, best practices and new challenges.
- Working closely with partners to design and implement gender responsive CSA programs to ensure that gender specific indicators are included during design, monitoring and evaluation.
- Promote knowledge generation through technical assistance to provide information on expected impacts of climate change on agriculture, vulnerable locations and groups, and to identify adaptation and mitigation responses that are gender sensitive and effective. Use this information to develop a gendered CSA adaptation protocol for the region.